14th - 17th October 2014
PCaPAC 2014 will be hosted by the ANKA Synchrotron Radiation Facility in Karlsruhe, Germany. PCaPAC traditionally focuses on low cost control systems using PC technology for control and data acquisition systems. PCaPAC 2014 also has a focus on emerging technologies such as:
- Control systems (Status reports, Control system frameworks (EPICS, Tango, Tine), Network design, Reliability and longevity of control systems)
- User interfaces and Data Displays (mobile systems, web services and other)
- Cyber security (Gateways, Internet connectivity and other)
- Hardware technologies (DSP, FPGA and devices, Accelerator specific development, Timing System PC busses and other)
- Modern Data Acquisition (commercial off-the-shelf systems, (real-time) operating systems. embedded systems, PLC´s, IOC´s and other)
- Management of Software projects (Development processes, Quality Assurance, In time development and other)
- Databases (Control DBs, extremely large databases, noSQL DBs and other)
Invited talks will give an overview of status and perspectives in the above topics.
Original papers (not previously published or presented) from the field of accelerator control and data acquisition including experiment data acquisition systems with a special emphasis on smaller scale system and industrial systems are invited.
We look forward to seeing you in Karlsruhe in October 2014!
Convention Center Karlsruhe
Karlsruher Messe- und Kongress-GmbH
In cooperation with