The report provides an overview of the work carried at the accelerators VEPP-3 and 4-VEPP Budker Institute of nuclear physics SB RAS with using synchrotron radiation.
The unique properties of synchrotron radiation made it possible to implements a series of experiments with a time resolution with a research groups from different fields of science: catalysis, biology, molecular biology, electrochemistry, physics of strength, mechanochemistry, physico-chemical of detonation, shock waves, material science, nanoscience, et al.
The report will present the results obtained in the experiments:
- The “in situ” dynamics in the crystal structure of the cathode of the Li-battery
- The “in situ” catalysis reaction
- The dynamics of the interaction of the deuterium / hydrogen with a metal lattice
- Kinetics of formation of the products during combustion in oxygen-free mode (SHS – Self propagation High temperature Synthesis)
- The dynamics of relaxation processes in highly deformed metals
- The dynamics of the shock waves propagation in different materials
- The formation of mono - disperse (5nm) metal nano particles by thermal decomposition of organometallic compounds and their self-assembly
- The dynamics of nucleation of nano diamond and metal nanoparticles in extreme conditions (5000 C, 300 kbar)
- Physico-chemical processes in the chemical reaction zone of detonation
- Changes in the structure of frog muscle during its work (self compression)
- The behavior of polymeric materials after irradiation by relativistic electrons
- Modeling experiments of mechanochemistry
The future experiments with pico- and femto-seconds also will be discussed.